Post contains Amazon Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
A Snowman Hot Chocolate Bomb is such a fun idea to enjoy hot cocoa! This cute chocolate bomb is full of cocoa and marshmallows. When you add this to a mug and add hot milk, the chocolate melts and the inside of the ball appear. Once you start making these, you'll be wondering why you didn't start sooner!
How to Make a Snowman Hot Chocolate Bomb
Making chocolate balls full of hot chocolate are the hottest trend of 2020! I don't know about you but this is such a fun trend! There is no limit to your creativity when you make these!
Another one of my favorite things about making these are that they are kid-friendly. The kids can help decorate them too. If you are out of powdered cocoa mix, I have this easy DIY recipe so you can make your own. Wanting to make other melting chocolate bombs? I have a recipe for ones made with peanut butter that I think your family will enjoy as well! Of course, you will need a Marshmallow Snowman to go along with your cocoa!
Before you get started on this fun Melting Snowman Hot Cocoa Sphere, here are a few suggestions and tips.
What Chocolate Is the Best to Use?
I personally find that Ghirardelli has the best chocolate wafers for melting chocolate as it has a higher cocoa value, however, other types of chocolate as well as candy bark works great. The key to remember is the waxier your chocolate is, it will leave that flavor in your hot cocoa.
What are They?
A hot cocoa bomb is a sphere of chocolate that is full of hot cocoa mix and marshmallows.
How Do They Work?
The chocolate is activated to melt once you pour hot milk over the bomb. Then as the chocolate melts, all of the ingredients float to the top. It's quite the fun experience to watch.
What Ingredients are Needed?
- White chocolate - since snowmen are white
- Marshmallow Bits - this size seems to work the best for these
- Hot Chocolate Mix - this can be homemade or store-bought
- Writing icing - you will need black and orange
- Black Non-Pareils - for the eyes
Step by Step Instructions
The complete directions to make this recipe is included below on the printable recipe card. I have included a few in-process photos of the steps involved making these for your reference.
I also have a video on the recipe post for the Hot Chocolate Bomb that may help you with making these chocolate balls.
Southern Butter Pecan Dalgona Coffee
Easy to Make Snowman Hot Chocolate Bomb
- 5 oz White Chocolate Bark
- 6 tbsp. Hot Chocolate Mix
- 6 tbsp. Mini Marshmallows
- Orange Writing Gel
- Black Writing Gel
- Black Non-Pareils
- Place the bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Place candy melts in a double boiler on the stove and slowly melt the candy wafers. Remember the key is to keep the water simmering. You do not want it to boil.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and place 1 tablespoon melted chocolate into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even.
- Continue this process with the remaining bomb mold halves.
- Place the chocolate filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently tap the sides of the mold, pressing on one side of the chocolate to make the chocolate slide out of the mold.
- Fill 3 of the molds with 1 tablespoon hot chocolate mix and some mini marshmallows.
- Heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the chocolate cup. The repeat this step for the next half.
- Then carefully press the warmed edges to each other. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb.
- Decorate your snowman with the icing and sprinkles.
- Place the snowman bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot chocolate bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
Leave a Reply