Strawberry Sugar Scrub
Post contains affiliate links. Purchases made through links provide us with a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please refer to our disclosure policy for more information.
Strawberry Sugar Scrub made with freeze-dried strawberries is a wonderful treat for your skin that can be made anytime of the year! This amazing exfoliating scrub will fill your senses with Summertime with the smell of sweet strawberries each time you use this body scrub. This sugar scrub will make a great self-care treat for yourself and will also make a great Valentine’s Day gift for someone special in your life.
How to Make Strawberry Sugar Scrub
If you have never made sugar scrub before, let give me you a bit of a forewarning. Once you start, you won’t be able to stop. There are so many different combinations of scents that you can put together. The possibilities are truly endless.
Before you get started there are a few key things to keep in mind when using sugar scrubs. The coconut oil residue may leave your tub or shower a bit slippery so always use caution when using it. Always, since coconut oil will solidify, it may cause problems with your plumbing when the oil solidifies and collects the larger particles, like the dried strawberries. So, you may want to consider investing in a drain filter that will collect the remnants that are leftover and then dispose of them, so they don’t go down the drain.
Expert Tips, Ingredient List and Suggestions for Recipe Success
- White granulated sugar
- Freeze-dried strawberries – you will need to grind or break them up with a rolling pin or your hands.
- Coconut oil – or another carrier oil
- Strawberry fragrance oil – this is optional
Benefits of Using a Sugar Scrub
The great thing about using a sugar scrub on your skin is that it is a great way to exfoliate it. Keep in mind that if you have never used it on your skin before, it may be a harsh for your particular skin type. The best thing to do is test a small area before using on your skin.
Can I Use Candle Fragrance Oil on my Skin?
Yes and no. You can use fragrance oil on your skin, HOWEVER, make sure the company you are buying it from has tested it to make sure it can be used on your skin. AND most importantly, you need to remember, you must use some type of carrier oil to dilute the oil. YOU CAN NOT APPLY FRAGRANCE OIL DIRECTLY TO YOUR SKIN.
How Long Will It Last?
Usually, two to three months, but it must be stored in an air-tight container when not in use.
Do I Have to Use Coconut Oil?
No, you can use almond oil or another carrier oil instead.
Can I Use This on My Face?
Sugar scrubs aren’t normally a good thing to use on your face due to the harshness of the sugar.
Can I Use a Body Scrub Every Day?
No. It’s normally recommended to use it a few times a week.
Step by Step Directions
- Grind the strawberries.
- Mix together the ingredients. Add in the fragrance oil.
- Add into an air-tight container.
- Use and enjoy.
Strawberry Sugar Scrub
- Medium sized bowl
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- Strawberry fragrance oil optional – 1 – 2 drops
- Grind or smash the dried strawberries. The consistency will be dependent on what you are looking for. Then set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the white granulated sugar and the coconut oil. You will not need to melt the coconut oil. As you are mixing the ingredients together, it will start to melt down on its own.
- Next add in the strawberries and stir together.
- If you are adding in the fragrance oil, do that now. ONLY ADD IN 1 to 2 DROPS. That is all you will need.
- Add into the container you are using and enjoy.
Now this really has me in to mood to do a little self-pampering. I need to exfoliate, and the pictures look amazing. I can almost smell it.
Thank you for the kind words!
i bet it smells amazing!! i love strawberries
It really does! It’s a nice way to think about Summer when it’s freezing outside!