Turkey BLT Sandwich, complete with leftover turkey breast, is a great way to use up those turkey leftovers from the holidays!
Turkey BLT Sandwich
Normally each Thanksgiving we have a turkey breast as our main course and each Christmas, we have a ham. Some years we switch some things up, however, we always seem to have left over ham and turkey. Don’t get me wrong, it definitely makes for tasty leftovers. The only problem is sometimes it’s hard to constantly come up with different ideas for the leftovers.
How Many Calories are in a BLT?
When you make a traditional BLT using slices of white bread plus add in 3 slices of bacon and 1 tbsp. of mayo, you are looking at approximately 364 calories. With our recipe, we are forgoing the mayo and using Greek yogurt instead. We are also substituting the flatbread in lieu of the white bread so your calories are less. Each pocket thin flatbread has 200 calories plus add in the 3 slices of bacon, you are at approximately 281 calories.
Can I Use a Flatbread Wrap?
Absolutely! The wraps would add a fun twist to the sandwich plus it would make it portable for lunch!
Could You Use Turkey Bacon Instead?
Yes, you could definitely do that as well!
Step by Step Directions
You will find complete directions at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Turkey BLT Sandwich – Great Way to Enjoy Leftover Turkey!
- 12 slices bacon-cooked and chopped
- 12 slices turkey breast-chopped
- 2 cup romaine lettuce-chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach-chopped
- 20 grape tomatoes sliced lengthwise
- 6 1/2 flatbread pockets
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoon sweet or red onion-finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a small bowl mix sauce ingredients and stir well. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a large bowl add bacon, turkey, lettuce, spinach and grape tomatoes. Toss to mix.
- Pour sauce mixture over salad and toss to distribute.
- Fill each of the 1/2 Pocket Thins evenly with turkey BLT salad and enjoy.