“Coffee, again?” Yes. Oh yes in deed. If there’s one thing I am – it’s consistent. This time I’m kicking it up a notch with some decadent flavors for a little “me time”. Something to perk you up and relax you – all at the same time. The key is the coffee. For this recipe I selected a rich vanilla roast from Seattle’s Best Coffee. Its a full, aromatic blend that balances smooth with bold. There were several to choose from, but Vanilla was perfect for this tasty beverage. I made a special trip just to pick some up…along with a few other ingredients.
Check out my shopping trip slideshow on Google +
Once I’d rounded up everything (including fresh mint from my garden!) I was ready to get started.
“Muddling” is the step of crushing mint and sugar to release the flavor of the herb so it blends with your drink. The smell was wonderful!
Once I added the Seattle’s Best Vanilla coffee it was almost more than I could stand; I wanted to drink it right then. Thankfully, my will power won out.
Iced coffees are perfect for a relaxing Sunday afternoon or even a late night working at your desk! The caffeine certainly helps beat the ‘foggy’ feeling. Another bonus of this drink is that you encorporate Bailey’s Irish Cream for all the flavor and none of the alcohol.
I prefer crushed ice over cubed. The best way to crush it? I just throw cubes in a zip baggie and then slam it down on the counter a few times. It’s fast, easy and you don’t need to drag out your blender.
|“Mellow Mama” – Iced Coffee||
- 8 oz Seattle’s Best Vanilla Coffee – brewed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream Coffee Creamer
- 1 oz Torani Vanilla Bean Syrup
- 1 oz half & half or heavy cream
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Whipped Cream
- Place fresh mint and sugar in a bowl and meddle (crush together with a pestle or wooden spoon, etc)
- Poor brewed coffee into mint and sugar – mix well until sugar is melted
- Add Bailey’s Creamer, Vanilla syrup and cream
- Poor over crushed ice
- Top with whipped cream and fresh mint leaves
- Makes 2 servings