Peeps Cupcakes are a simple, easy, and fun recipe to make this Easter! These will be a hit at the Easter dessert table! This Spring dessert is also very versatile. You can make them with whatever color of bunnies and flavor of cupcakes you want.
Peeps Easter Cupcakes
The fun thing about desserts during the Spring, especially Easter, is that it’s a great way to bring fun and bright colors into your home.
If you are working on planning out your Easter menu, I have a few other recipes that I think you will really enjoy. Such as our Easter Popcorn. This delicious popcorn is a great snack for the kids to snack on later in the day. Of course, you definitely need Easter Deviled Eggs! And lastly, you need a pastry recipe, like my Cheese Danish, for brunch.
Peeps have been a staple in our pantry for as long as my husband and I have been married. I hate to admit it, but I am one of those people who aren’t fans of them. My husband and kids love them, so I buy them throughout the year.
Why Should I Make This Recipe?
You should totally make these with the kids because they are:
Easy – you can use store-bought cupcakes to speed the process along.
Kid-friendly – the kids can help decorate these and add their own flair.
Versatile – you can use whatever color of Bunny peeps that you want and adjust the color of the frosting to reflect the look you are going for.
Ingredient List and Suggestions
You will find a complete list of everything below, however, here are a couple of suggestions.
Cupcakes – you can use your own favorite cake mix, store-bought cupcakes, or your favorite from scratch mix, it’s totally up to you.
Frosting – if you prefer a buttercream frosting, that is fine to use too. Just use whatever one you prefer.
How to Make Easter Peep Cupcakes
The complete breakdown of the steps to make these cupcakes is listed in the printable recipe card. This is just a small list of the steps.
Step 1: If you are making the cupcakes yourself, prepare the cupcakes according to the directions on the recipe or back of the box.
Step 2: In a medium sized bowl, add the container of frosting and a few drops of the food coloring that you are using for the frosting. Stir until all of the frosting is colored to the color you desire.
Step 3: Put the frosting into a piping bag and snip the bottom off of the bottom of the bag.
Step 4: Frost the cupcakes.
Step 5: Turn the bunny upside down and insert a toothpick into the bottom of the Peeps Bunny for stability.
FAQ About the Recipe
These tasty cupcakes are made with basic ingredients such as a white cake mix, frosting, sprinkles and a Peep.
Absolutely. You can make the dessert as colorful as you’d like.
Here is a little trick I’ve learned. Take a toothpick and stick the peeps on top of the toothpick and then place on the frosting. Let those enjoying the cupcakes know though that the toothpick is inside the peep.
You can use a plastic storage bag instead. Just cut off the tip of the bag and use that as your tip.
You can always add a little bit of powdered sugar to your sugar and then stir to see if that helps. If not, keep adding additional powdered sugar until you get the consistency you are looking for.
Peeps Easter Cupcakes
- 2 dozen white cupcakes unfrosted
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Blue food coloring
- 24 Peeps Bunnies
- Small zippered bag
- Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip
- Sprinkles optional
- Start off by preparing your cupcakes first. If you have a favorite bakery cupcakes that you want to use, feel free to use those. Or you can make your own using your preferred white cupcake recipe or you can also use a cake mix from the store. It's totally up to you. Follow the directions according to the recipe you are using.
- Once the cupcakes are out of the oven, start making the frosting. In a medium-sized bowl, add the store-bought frosting in the bowl and add 2 to 3 drop of the food coloring at a time until after stirring, you get the color you desire.
- After you get the color you desire, add the tip to the bottom of the piping bag and snip off the bottom of the bag. Then fill the piping bag with the frosting.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Next, turn the peep over and insert a toothpick into the bottom of the Peeps Bunny for stability. Then place the Peeps bunny in the center of the frosted cupcake.
- Add sprinkles or other toppings to the top of the frosting. Enjoy!