Creamy Spicy Beef Enchiladas are full of beef, cheese, and spicy goodness. Plus they are easy to make which makes it a win-win!
I mean let's be honest, Beef + Cheese + Spicy + Enchiladas = LOVE!!
Mexican food is a favorite in our home, and its the only time I eat spicy food. There are so many ways I make enchiladas for my family. I use shredded beef or chicken, ground beef, cubed chicken, sausage, eggs, fish, almost anything. One of our new favorites is my Authentic Spicy Chicken Tacos! If you haven't tried them yet, well, you are in for a delicious surprise! If you are a cilantro fan, well then you simply must try our Cilantro Lime Chicken and Rice!
Creamy and Spicy Beef Enchiladas
At first glance this may look like a difficult recipe, because it has many ingredients, but this an easy beef enchilada recipe. If you have kids you may want to omit the jalapenos. I have one picky child who hates beef so she just had rolled up tortillas minus the meat, nice right? This was too spicy for my youngest, you can adjust to your liking or leave it out, I don't recommend that though.
CAN I USE CHICKEN OR PORK INSTEAD OF BEEF IN THIS CREAMY ENCHILADA RECIPE?
Absolutely! You could substitute another protein! They will be equally as delish!
COULD I MAKE ENCHILADAS AHEAD OF TIME AND FREEZE THEM?
Yes! Just prepare the enchiladas as the recipe says. Instead of putting the enchiladas in a casserole or pan, put them into a disposable foil pan. Then once they are ready to be frozen, wrap with plastic wrap then wrap again with foil.
Let the enchiladas thaw in the fridge and then cook as directed. Or if you place the frozen pan directly in the oven, allow extra time so everything is thoroughly warmed up.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THIS BEEF ENCHILADAS RECIPE?
Ground beef, garlic, red onion, green chilies, jalapenos, taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, hot sauce, tortillas, shredded cheese, and your favorite toppings.
Here is a really easy and yummy recipe to make enchiladas! I hope you enjoy!
Easy Creamy Enchiladas RECIPE
Here are the basic directions to make the this tasty Mexican dish. If you are looking for tasty garnish idea then check out our easy and fresh pico recipe.
Creamy Spicy Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic-minced
- ¼ cup red onion-diced
- Half a 3.5 oz can chopped green chiles-divided
- 2 oz can diced jalapenos-divided
- 1 package lower sodium taco seasoning
- 1 10 ¾ ounce can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz container light sour cream
- 4-6 drops of hot sauce
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- garnish toppings
- Brown ground beef, garlic, and onion in a large skillet until browned. Stir in taco seasoning, half chopped green chiles and jalapenos, mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the remaining green chiles, jalapenos, soup, sour cream, and hot sauce.
- Lightly spray a 13×9 baking dish and spread half the soup mixture evenly on the bottom. Spoon about ⅓ cup beef mixture evenly down the centers of tortillas, roll up. Place, seam sides down, over soup mixture in baking dish.
- Top evenly with remaining soup mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with your favorite toppings, green onions, sour cream, salsa.