Our Baked Feta Pasta is an easy dish made by simply roasting tomatoes and feta cheese! This salty and cheesy pasta recipe is delicious and a viral hit on TikTok. If you’re looking for an easy pasta dish, this is one to bookmark.
Baked Feta Pasta
I love discovering simple and delicious recipes for dinner that go together quickly.
That’s one of the reasons that as soon as I saw this on TikTok, I knew we had to try it.
I admit I have been pretty slow to the whole TikTok phase, but I have become a fan. Especially when it comes to the food videos.
Why Should You Try This Recipe
You should try this recipe because it’s:
Easy – this is honestly one of the most simple recipes ever.
Delicious – this cheesy and salty pasta recipe is really good.
Kid-friendly – your whole family will love this dish.
What You’ll Need
You will find a printable recipe card below that has all of the ingredients as well as complete instructions.
Where did the Viral TikTok Baked Feta Pasta come from?
From Finland! Once you taste this delicious recipe, you will understand why it has become so popular.
What is Baked Feta Pasta?
Uuunifetapasta , which according to Google is Finnish for “oven-baked feta pasta”, first came to light in 2018 on a blog by Tiiu Piret. You can find that original recipe here. Then in 2019, Jenni Hayrinen, made this dish go viral in Finland. You can find her recipe by going to her site.
What are the Six Steps to Cooking Pasta?
1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Add enough salt to the water to make it taste like salt water.
3. Add the pasta.
5. Test to see if it’s al-dente.
6. Drain (but keep some of the pasta water to add back to the pasta if needed.
Make sure to head over to our informational post on learning how to cook pasta.
Ingredient List and Suggestions
Tomatoes – to get the best result out of this recipe, use either Cherry or grape tomatoes.
Feta Cheese – do not substitute a different cheese, you need to use Feta.
Pasta – any pasta your family loves will be fine.
How to Make Baked Feta Pasta
Below you will find in-process photos as well as a quick breakdown of the steps involved.
Step 1: Set the oven to 400 degrees so it can preheat.
Step 2: Add the Feta cheese into the baking dish.
Step 3: Add the tomatoes, olives, garlic and onion.
Step 4: Add the lemon, seasoning, and black pepper.
Step 5: Generously drizzle the olive oil.
Step 6: Bake and prepare pasta
Step 7: Enjoy.
Baked Feta Pasta
- 200 gram feta cheese block form
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced (approx 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 tbsp. Greek seasoning
- 1 t. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c pasta (any type) uncooked
- First, preheat your oven to 400° degrees.
- In a 8" x 16" casserole dish, add the block of Feta cheese into the center.
- Next, add the onion, black olives, garlic, and cherry tomatoes around the feta cheese.
- Then lightly sprinkle the pepper, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, and lemon zest on top of the mixture.
- Next, slowly drizzle the mixture with the olive oil.
- The using a large spoon, stir the ingredients together so that the olive oil thoroughly coats all of the ingredients. Doesn't this dish smell amazing?
- Place the dish into the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. You will want to make sure that the cherry tomatoes are nicely blistered and the feta cheese has started to turn a light brown. Make sure to not overbake.
- Watch your timer. When you reach the 35 min mark, start to prepare your pasta according to directions on the package. Then when it's al-dente, drain but do not rinse. You do not want to lose the flavor.
- When the Feta cheese and tomatoes are baked to perfection, remove the dish from the oven and add in the drained pasta. Stir to combine all of the ingredients together.
- Serve immediately.